Thursday 15 December 2016

Blogmas Day 14 - Winter Makeup and Beauty Essentials

Blogmas Day 14

Hey, so one of my favourite parts about this season is the fact that you can change your makeup but you also have to deal with a few winter problems beauty-wise, so I thought that I would share with you my beauty essentials for winter:

Red Lipstick – so I feel like this is the one that goes without saying, but on Christmas day when you think your so excited that you might explode then if you are reaching for a purple, a nude, an orange, a dark colour or anything other than red, I’m sorry to say this but you are not 100%, on Christmas day you need to be wearing a nice red lipstick, that is just the way I roll but realistically you can wear any colour you want.

Glittery Eyeshadow – so who doesn’t love a bit of glittery eyeshadow at any time of the year but at Christmas I put the matte shadows away so that I can go full on with the glitters, this year I have been getting a bit more adventurous with the darker colours and brighter colours as well for example I really have been loving wearing a red glitter eyeshadow but I just feel that at Christmas you can be way more adventurous with your makeup which I love.

A popping pink blusher – so in winter you go outside you get really cold and I don’t know about you but I get the pinkest cheeks in the world, and sometimes it even shows through my makeup so I feel like this Christmas I am just going to embrace that about me and I am going to wear a little more blusher than usual to really make those cheeks pop and to be honest I think it also makes you look that little bit more Christmassy.

Highlighter – so again I feel like although this is the season of giving presents, being joyful and kindness but it is also in my opinion, the season of glitter and sparkle and just sparkles and bright lights so I feel this is the time of the year wear you can really go a little more overboard on the highlighter so I can go a bit overboard but you would just not be ready for a Christmas party if you didn’t have a bit of glittery shimmer on those cheekbones.

More mascara – so you will notice this theme of me basically just saying that you need more of everything but at Christmas I feel a lot more tired and I look a lot more run down so I think that as a result of this, it is more important to open your eyes up a bit more so I think applying more mascara will really help with that or even applying fake lashes but I just thinks that it really brightens the face up a lot more and helps you look more awake.

Shimmer in general – so by this I mean that at Christmas you skin just doesn’t look as bright and looks a little less radiant so when I do my makeup at Christmas I try to use products which try to help make your face look more radiant and glowing and healthier in general which I think is harder to achieve in the winter so I tend to go a bit over board with the shimmer but I feel like at this time of year, you can do that.

Moisturising and long lasting lipstick – so we all know at Christmas everyone has dry chapped lips so it makes my lips feel a lot better when my lipstick is more moisturising than usual because you can stand having dry lips at Christmas, I also love wearing a longer lasting lipstick because let’s face it at Christmas you do a lot of eating and drinking so my lipstick usually wears of but having it last longer is just so much better in practice.

I hope you enjoyed this and let me know what your winter beauty essentials are. Let me know of anything you would like me to talk about in another future post. That’s all for now,

Bella xxx


Message me:

Twitter and Instagram - @BellaDBlog


My Other Website – www.bella180602.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment