Friday 9 December 2016

Blogmas Day 9 - Top 5 Christmas Foods

Blogmas Day 9

Hey, so one of the best parts about Christmas is all the food you get to eat with the most amazing flavours, which remind you of Christmas, so today I’m sharing with you my top 5 Christmas foods:

Gingerbread – so this is definitely one of my favourite foods for Christmas, so if you have never had gingerbread before, a) where have you been and b) not only is this an amazing seasonal treat with such a gorgeous scent but this can be used in so many ways and one of my favourite thing is making a gingerbread house, and who doesn’t love to make a gingerbread house and spends hours listening to Christmas music decorating gingerbread with loads of icing.

Mince pies – so I don’t actually like mince pies too much, I can’t stand them but I would rather eat the pastry but I love making mince pies for other people, I also feel like it is such a fun thing to make with you friends, however I really do think that these are so amazing to have as a little treat in the evening after dinner, when you are watching TV on the sofa even though that not many people actually like to eat mince pies.

Stuffing – so I have only recently actually tried stuffing so this is a very recent favourite of mine and a new addition to my favourites at Christmas but recently I have really been enjoying this and I really like the different flavours that people make, my favourite is actually apricot and sausage but I feel like this is one of the foods which aren’t appreciated as much as some of the other foods but I mean can you really underappreciate food.

Parsnips – so this may seem quite random but even as a child what I remember most about my Christmas meals as a child is that my family made some of the most amazing parsnips which had amazing flavours because my dad cooks them in maple syrup to make them taste really good with a slight hint of sweetness to them and I don’t know if that was just my family but it was definitely on my favourites things as a kid.

Pigs in blankets – this is definitely one of those things that I look forward to most for Christmas dinner, but if tou don’t know what this is, it is a tiny sausage wrapped in bacon and I don’t know what makes it taste so amazing but I just love it, also this reminds me of my childhood a lot as well because it was always my job to wrap the pigs in the blankets and to be honest it is probably the first thing I learnt how to cook.

I hope you enjoyed this and let me know which of these your favourites are. Let me know of anything you would like me to talk about in another future post. That’s all for now,

Bella xxx

Message me:

Twitter and Instagram - @BellaDBlog


My Other Website – www.bella180602.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment