Wednesday 21 December 2016

Blogmas Day 21 - Christmas Meal Essentials and What I am having

Blogmas Day 21

Hey, so Christmas meal is a very important part of Christmas day and it is one of my favourite parts of Christmas so today I thought that I would share with you my Christmas meal essentials:

Turkey – so who doesn’t know about the classic turkey for Christmas dinner and I know that some people have different meats for Christmas lunch but to me and I don’t mean this in a rude way but it just seems insane to me because it is such a traditional food to have at Christmas and when people say they don’t like it I just don’t understand that, but to be honest I just love turkey with a nice big spoon of cranberry sauce on top.

Stuffing – so I think that I have sound this before but I have recently started to really love stuffing especially the more unusual flavours of stuffing and I really enjoy when the flavour of the stuffing actually goes through into the turkey, I also feel like this is such an important part of the traditional Christmas meal especially in England and it is quickly becoming one of my favourite parts of the Christmas meal.

Parsnips, Peas, Broccoli and Carrots – now this may seem random I guess but as a kid I just loved the way my Dad cooked the vegetables, I don’t really know how he did this but every Christmas despite the fact that he often cooked these vegetables, the food tastes just special and somehow better than usual and I think that’s why now I just find Christmas so special so all of these vegetables are an absolute necessity to me.

Gravy – so I absolutely love the different tastes of food and the different flavours encased in different types of foods and to be honest and I just know that as time goes on I’m going to become a massive foodie but because of the way gravy is made it has so many flavours in it and I really think that it enhances the food and it makes the food more enjoyable and to be honest who doesn’t love coating their food in gravy on Christmas.

Christmas Pudding or Cake – so to be honest I don’t even like Christmas pudding or Christmas cake but I think because its Christmas it’s such an iconic Christmas food I always have some at the dinner table and despite it not being my favourite food I just love to have a little bit to really get me in the Christmassy mood and I think to be honest not only to me but to my family without this food at Christmas it wouldn’t feel like Christmas.

I hope you enjoyed this and let me know what you will be having at Christmas this year. Let me know of anything you would like me to talk about in another future post. That’s all for now,

Bella xxx

Message me:

Twitter and Instagram - @BellaDBlog


My Other Website – www.bella180602.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment